1. the state or quality of being creative
2. the ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, forms, relationships or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods, interpretations, etc.; originality, progressiveness, or imagination: the need for creativity in modern industry; creativity in the performing arts.
3. the process by which one utilises creative ability: extensive reading stimulated his creativity.
1. having the ability to create
2. characterised by originality of thought; having or showing imagination: a creative mind
3. designed to or tending to stimulate the imagination: creative toys
4. characterised by sophisticated bending of the rules or conventions: creative accounting